To promote and enhance the social, emotional and physical well-being of women of all generations and backgrounds.
To provide a safe and inclusive environment that offers a range of services and opportunities that supports and encourages women to come together to enhance and enrich their lives.
Objectives of the Noosa Women’s Shed:
– to provide a safe and inclusive environment for all women, who want to learn new life skills and tool-based activities and maintain their independence
– to share knowledge, companionship and advice
– to promote health and well-being
– to foster fellowship and networking opportunities
– to foster constructing community, connection, confidence and creativity
– to identify members’ needs, skills and areas of knowledge
– to provide a space where women can come together to achieve their needs, share skills and knowledge
– to organise and facilitate workshops for learning and sharing
– to provide equipment for tool-based and creative activities
– to be highly responsive to our member’s needs
– to support and empower our members
– to promote the wellbeing of our members
– to have participatory decision-making processes
– to value and respect all members and engender a sense of belonging
2022 – still looking for our permanent home BUT watch this space!
2019 – we are now looking for a permanent home for the Noosa Women’s Shed.
2018 – Noosa Women’s Shed elected its first management committee and became incorporated.
2017 – we ran a series of classes at U3A in Tewantin and were really thrilled at the uptake. There were so many women who were interested in learning practical skills. It was great fun. Lots of learning occurred.